Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Home Sweet Home

In the summer of 2012, Chris bought a new townhouse in a newly developed neighborhood close by to where I grew up.  He had been considering different homes and condos for a few months and finally he found something that fit his style and most importantly, his budget.  My husband is all about the budget...you will learn (as I am s l o w l y adapting too). Little did I know around the same time he started making plans to propose and was considering me eventually living in this home with him.  He asked my input on the house and when it came to picking out furniture, flooring, and accessories, but all along I was clueless and assumed it was for him. Okay, let's be real...I was desperately hoping I would live there someday. Chris is surprisingly good at decorating! Plus it helps that I have a fairly simple and classic style so we were pretty much on the same page when it came to decorating. Match made in heaven!

Well fast forward to now that we are married and I have moved into the house. We decided a few changes needed to be made and of course we would have to adjust for all of the crap items I would move in.  We made a few changes, but one of the main projects was our guestroom.  We have a unique situation since his parents live in another country. They visit a few times a year and we need the guestroom to be a comfortable and inviting space for them to stay.  So, after much debate, we finally decided to spruce the room up.  We bought a new dresser, lamps, and some wall art.  We kept the bed and chair we currently had, cleaned out the closet of our junk, and went to work on making it a guest friendly room.

So I present to you our refreshed guestroom.  Please come visit!


Bedding: West Elm very similar, similar
Chair: West Elm similar
Lamps: IKEA table & floor 
Dresser: IKEA
Mirror: IKEA
Accessories: Basket, Frame, Picture, Blanket

Cheers to decorating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment