Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 26!

My birthday was on Tuesday and I turned 26. I had the best day celebrating and enjoying my day. At this age birthdays are not nearly as exciting as when you’re young and have the ever so anticipated party complete with decorations, hats, cake, and presents galore.  These days my needs are few and I much prefer spending time with my loved ones making memories and getting a few special items.

My day started with my husband waking me up by singing a traditional Swedish birthday song and he brought me a red velvet cupcake with a hand-picked flower, a cup of coffee, and a candle all on a tray. He also gave me my present of a dark grey Longchamp purse, which I already LOVE!! I mean seriously, how versatile and perfect is this bag...plus it's good enough for princess Kate.

At work, a few of my co-workers took me out for a long lunch. It was yummy and great to spend time together talking about everything. They also all took turns asking me questions about my life…things like what would you relive, what have you learned in the last year, what’s your favorite memory, etc. It was nice to reflect back on my life (not that it has been long), but I have definitely grown and changed a lot especially in the past few years.  I really enjoy my job and my coworkers and I have no idea if/when things will change for my career, so these moments are so special for me to enjoy in the present.
Purse (listed above), white chucks, Vera Bradley phone purse, Naked3, Watch, Candle, and gift cards!
In the evening my husband took me to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. We shared a delicious meal complete with a pink martini. I believe birthdays should always involve a pink martini J We ended the night watching TV in bed. Chris played a game on his phone while I painted my nails. Harvie slept in between us and we both raved about how adorable she is and how much joy she brings us.

On Sunday I celebrated with my parents, sister, and Chris by enjoying a fabulous free-flowing champagne brunch. We threw in some shopping too because why not?!

Age 25 was a really great year for me, so I hope 26 is just as great, if not better!


Cheers to birthdays!

2 comments:

  1. I just started following your blog and absolutely love it! This post stood out to me because I too had my 26th birthday on April 8! Seems like you had a great day celebrating. Cheers to 26! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!! Cheers! ;-)
    Ciao & Happy birthday!
    Janneke

    ReplyDelete