Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?

What do you want to be when you grow up? A simple, common question with so much thought and meaning behind it! Since I was in high school (probably around 15 years old) I knew I wanted to be a Registered Dietitian.  I really do not know exactly when I decided this is what I wanted, but it had been my focus and goal for years and made applying for college fairly simple since I knew what to study.  

For years I had been interested in Nutrition and health overall.  I was fascinated by how food impacted your life (in both good and bad ways) and wanted to learn everything I could about nutrition and the human body. I would spend hours reading nutrition and other health-related articles in magazines, books, on the internet, and pretty much anywhere.  Nutrition was my passion and my hobby and I wanted it to become my career one day.  My mom always said to "find a way to get paid for doing something you love" and I believed becoming a Registered Dietitian was it for me! 

Thus began my journey of going to college to study Nutrition.  My entire SEVEN years of undergrad was quite the experience, but that is an entire post in itself for another day...maybe.  I now finally have my degree in Foods and Nutrition with an emphasis in dietetics!! However, I am not yet working in the nutrition field.  I go back and forth between what I want to do with my career. I love the job I currently have and I am apprehensive about leaving my job to enter the nutrition world.  Becoming a Registered Dietitian goes beyond simply having a degree, which is a huge struggle and sensitive spot for me (again, an entire post could be based on that alone).  I still have the dream to one day be an RD, but until then I am figuring out my path and enjoying life in the meantime.



Cheers to careers!


No comments:

Post a Comment