Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

The latest Shenanigans of Harvie J:

"But mom, I'm so cute
how can you be upset with me?"
This adorable furry child of ours LOVES to chew.  She will literally eat anything and everything, which we have unfortunately learned the hard way.  When we first brought her home we assumed she was learning and testing boundaries.  After she dug and chewed into the drywall of our home (yes, it is exactly how it sounds) we decided to start crate training her. Yes I know, we should have been doing this from day one and no, the wall has not yet been repaired.

She has since eaten an entire outdoor stick almost the length of her own body.  This incident resulted in barfing and diarrhea for 2 days followed by a costly visit to the vet for treatment of an inflamed lymph node.  Then there was the time she ate one of her rubber balls.  We assumed she was just playing with it until we could no longer find it and the evidence showed up in her morning business.

But this weekend’s shenanigan takes the cake.  Our sweet little Harvie got ahold of my tax refund checks and chewed these to her little heart’s content.  We did not leave her in the crate, but rather let her have free roam of our bedroom and I, unthinkably, left the checks on my nightstand where she reached them.  She was kind enough to only eat the edges, but I will need to look into how to fix this because tax refunds are definitely a necessity.  I wonder if the IRS will accept the excuse “my dog ate my refund?”  

Cheers to the adventures of puppyhood!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she ate your refund!!! You should have left it on the TV stand or something. Oh Harvie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in the process of re-training our beagle, Murphy and training our mutt, Guinness. We kept them confined during puppy hood so, thankfully, the only thing they chew is their toys. Any kind of training is a process. In the end, it is so worth it. Good luck with the crate training! Our obstacle is barking --- at anything and everything. :)

    ReplyDelete