Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Lessons I've Learned on One Leg

After 6 days of nothing but laying with my foot up I am finally healing.  I am now slowly getting back into rock climbing...and by rock climbing, I mean walking up and down stairs. Definitely no more crutches for me and I am working at strengthening my ankle.

Seriously, it's tough not being mobile and able to take care of myself. I've been relying on my servant sweet and patient husband for many things this week. But it has only been one week and I am OVER having a hurt ankle.

However, I have learned a few valuable lessons from having one leg.

1. Mastery of the Flamingo
          I am really good at imitating a flamingo. No seriously, put me in all pink and I bet you can't pick me out of the flock.
2. A Weight Loss Solution 
          It is way too much of a challenge to hobble or crutch into the kitchen, so I just skip it all together. Besides, once I got there it's not like I would be able to stand to cook something anyway. Although, I may need to re-injure my ankle to finally reach my goal weight.
3. Mom vs. Husband
          When you hurt yourself your mom practically orders a helicopter ambulance to get you to the doctor to diagnose her precious baby immediately. Whereas, husbands reluctantly go to the doctor with you all the while trying to convince you you don't need medical attention and will be just fine.
4. People Stare
          While I would like to believe people are looking at my fabulous daily outfit...the three day old sweats and unwashed hair prove otherwise.
5. The Vow "in sickness and in health" has Meaning
          Now that the hubby is forced to cook, clean up, and listen to my every command (get me ice, grab my phone, throw Harvie's ball) he is VERY helpful and accommodating.  Again, I may need to consider hurting my ankle all over just to keep up this service!

Cheers to a week on one leg!


No comments:

Post a Comment