Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Becoming the woman you were meant to be!

"You are becoming the woman you were meant to be."

My mom used to say this ALL.THE.TIME. She believed when you reached adulthood and started making decisions or changes it meant you were working toward becoming who you were always meant to be. I never really believed this or gave in to her wise words (sassy daughter, I know!).

However, these days I have been making some changes and bold moves in my life.  I feel as though I am actually becoming who I was always meant to be and wanted to be.  Instead of dreaming about the type of woman I want to be I am making it happen!

I am taking more risks. 
Discussing big life changes with my husband (not children). 
Defining my opinions and beliefs.
Started this blog. Attended a blogger Happy Hour and a blogger social event.
Taking a chance on friendships I have had differing opinions about.
Putting up with less nonsense.  
Standing up for myself. 
Discovering my voice.

For the first time in my entire life I finally am starting to feel like an adult!  I know, I have technically been an adult since turning eighteen, but I have never seen myself as one.  Just ask my husband...all throughout our dating relationship he was trying to convince me that I AM an adult.  This is a weird concept to me even though I have been making adult decisions and living an independent life for the past eight years.

I am finally at the point in my life where I feel accomplished, satisfied, and genuinely happy. This has been a process of growth and change, but I am learning to love every single thing about my life and change what I do not like.

Cheers to adulthood! 


No comments:

Post a Comment