Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Home Grown Country Music Girl

Growing up my parents listened to county music and since they employed the "my radio, my choice" rule in the car (seriously, who does that?!) I learned to like country music too.  Hearing some songs sends me right back to my childhood and the days of living in Long Beach. For a short period of time I hated that these feelings and memories came back...so much so I started to hate listening to country music.  It wasn't that I had a bad childhood or anything, but for some reason I didn't like the emotions that came over me.  Eventually, I got over that, thank you Lord, and now love love love country music.  

These two particular songs take me right back to being a little blonde haired eight year old playing with my sister in the yard on a warm summer day.  Instead of feeling sad, these days I savor the memories.  


Toby Keith- Should Have been a cowboy

Trisha Yearwood- XXX's and OOO's (An American Girl)

Cheers to childhood memories!

1 comment:

  1. Cheers to sisters and memories and singing in the microphone while waiting for Mom to be ready to take us to school!

    ReplyDelete