Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Becoming a Blogger?

Here is the thing with blogging. I figured you have an idea, you write about it, you click Publish, and BOOM done! The internet is now graced with your oh so important thought/advice/DIY project.

But no…it takes time! Yes, you think of an idea or topic (that’s the easy part), but then sometimes the creative juices are just not flowing. So you wait for that magical moment where the words write themselves. Then you decided you must include a picture. Because after all a picture is worth a thousand words and it keeps things interesting. BUT you can’t just post a generic photo…that would be too easy. In “blog world” you have to find one of the millions of websites where your pictures are transformed into beautiful works of art. You then have to navigate said website of its technical jargon to learn what it does and which button does what. Try to do this on your first try without turning your gorgeous, sunny landscape into a way too hipster sepia dark alley. I dare you.

Finally! You have your brilliant idea, witty text, and a fabulous photo that you totally took in perfect lighting because after all, we bloggers are also fabulous photographers who clearly missed our calling. Now press publish! Ahhh yes, relief from finally getting that off my chest.

Oh no! Was there a spelling error? Is this going to offend someone? Who cares, it’s my opinion! Wait, is it okay to share my opinion? Was this too personal? OMG, now I am being judged by you internet! Let’s check the stats, maybe no one even read this. Oh good no one has read this. Wait, what?! No one read it…don’t people see how crafty and clever I am?!! I spent 20 minutes just learning that darn website and NO ONE will ever see my gorgeous work of art and how funny I am! But really, it’s okay because I am only blogging for myself. 

And these are the inner workings of my mind while trying to become a blogger. Please tell me you feel the same way?

Truthfully, it is a joy and a hobby of mine to have a blog!! No one forced me into it and it is completely my haven to write about my life. I want to remember life in my twenties as a new wife. Honestly, I DO! But learning to become a blogger has been a struggle for me. I get caught up in the hoopla of the “blog world.” I worry too much about each and every post, every thought, and every picture. I need to just let it be. I am not out to be the next big thing…that’s just not me at all. But I do enjoy sharing my life and adventures with others and find so much joy in getting new followers, comments, and hearing that people read my posts. 

Cheers to learning to blog! 

Edited: Linked up with Style elixer.

4 comments:

  1. Haha Ashley this is hilarious and so spot on. I can relate to the entirety of this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was hoping I'm not the only person out there with all of these thoughts running through my mind :)

      Delete
  2. Lol, I loved this post! I can 100% relate :)

    xo Brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete