Pages

Monday, November 14, 2016

Begin Again

Hello!
I am brushing off the dust on this old thing and not even sure where to begin. Life has a funny way of throwing the unexpected at you. I first created this blog to document married life as a newlywed. Our first year was certainly a big one followed by 2015 and then now we are here heading toward the end of 2016. My mind is completely blown away at what life has handed us since first saying "I do." This year has been the most shocking of my life with the events that have transpired before our eyes. Chris and I find ourselves staring in disbelief at everything that has occurred and can't believe this is our life. Both with the good and the bad.

I am a firm believer in ignorance is bliss and I am sure glad that we don't know what our futures hold.  If someone had told me what the past two years of my life would be like I wouldn't have believed them nor would I have wanted to face what was ahead. But here I am living life and enjoying every second because life is messy and precious all at the same time. One of my favorite inspirational women, Glennon Doyle Melton, refers to life using the term "brutiful" to combine brutal and beautiful and I wholeheartedly agree.

While there have been quite a few devastatingly heartbreaking moments these past two years there have also been some incredible opportunities including the huge journey we are on now living life in Sweden. This brings me to shaking off the cobwebs and seeing how this goes again.

Cheers to unknown futures! 

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! You are blogging again. Your people want to hear you, so go to it. I love reading your blog and know others will as well. We all want to know how to live in Sweden; the good, the bad and the ugly. Love you lots, Mom

    ReplyDelete