Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A year later...

I first began my blog over a year ago to document my life especially being a newlywed. Half way through I stopped blogging mostly due to time and not making blogging a priority. 

Well a year later we have definitely had quite the first year as a married couple. Don't get me wrong it has been a great year, but there have been some major life happenings. 

This past year I started a new job which has come with its own ups and downs. It's been an adjustment since it's a new environment and I'm now working full time. Job changes are hard especially for someone who does not like change. It took me a long time to adjust and in many ways I still am. 

My dad has had a variety of issues with his foot, which ended in amputation as was detailed in my last post. This has been huge for me personally and my family. It's caused Chris and I to be more flexible toward my family both physically and emotionally. In a new marriage it's common to figure out family dynamics, but a serious issue like this takes it to a whole new level. I'm fairly independent of my family, but I also have wanted to be available to them and as helpful as much as I can be. More on this topic later. 

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law had a baby last April. Of course, this is a happy and exciting change to our family. But nonetheless it's still a change. It's been an easy adjustment because he's so darn adorable and we all love to spend time with him, but it's still a new element to add a baby to the family. Our get togethers have changed a bit, but we love him so much and love watching him grow! 

Regardless, Chris and my's relationship has been stronger than ever. He's been a huge source of comfort and support to me. We've been together for a long time, so adding changes wasn't a big deal for us but it did make for an interesting year. Our first year of marriage was great relationship wise and us being a strong unit made everything happening around us bearable. I couldn't ask for a better life partner to take on new challenges! 

Cheers to the first year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment